This project is almost complete so I'll wait to show the full before and afters until everything is in, but I wanted to share a few detailed snaps of it since I'm pretty excited about how it came out! Re-using a lot of the client's antiques and furniture and getting crafty with accessories, we worked to make the space reflect their more modern sensibility without having the room look vastly detached from the rest fo the traditional decor in the house.
I am loving the peacock blue bookshelves we did, with these yummy inlaid shell knobs from Anthropologie that you can't see in this picture! And this antique ram's head chair that we re-upholstered in turquoise zebra is so fabulous.
I am loving the peacock blue bookshelves we did, with these yummy inlaid shell knobs from Anthropologie that you can't see in this picture! And this antique ram's head chair that we re-upholstered in turquoise zebra is so fabulous.


More to come in the living room (lamps and more pillows, plus hanging of the art) but the mirror was a great online find as were the antique Indian wood screens a shop turned into coffee tables! A luxurious fabric found a discount fabric store went on a pair of chairs, accented by a faux bamboo folding table the client already had in another room.


The crafty part? The client did not want to spend a fortune on custom window treatments, so instead I suggested she get these great silk ready-made panels by JC Penney and add a GORGEOUS Kravet ikat trim to them. We ordered an extra panel and had a workroom turn it into a roman shade as well. Saved a ton of money and looks custom!
Can't wait to show the full before and afters in the coming months!




35 comments:
Super work as always and way to make a budget work.
Hi there! I was just hopping around blogland and landed here. LOVE your blog! :)
Hi there! I was just hopping around blogland and landed here. LOVE your blog! :)
I LOVE that chair fabric.
That peacock blue I also used in my home !
There is a picture of it in one of my first posts.
Wonderful images of that house!
Youd did a good job!
Greet
Absolutely beautiful!
Beautiful room! Adding trim to ready-made curtain panels is such a great idea.
Wow! Gorgeous color combo! That blue in the bookshelves just makes everything pop. Such a great mix of patterns too! Beautiful work! Can't wait to see the rest.
It's nice to hear someone is working on a budget! LOL A lot of what we see in magazines (and even blogs) is so unattainable. Beautiful work. Cannot wait to see more pictures. xoxo
Oh my gosh, I love what you've done so far. Where is the awesome mirror from?
Wow, I am loving the peacock blue painted bookshelves! Such a focal point. Also, I love the semi-custom drapery panels, such as great idea to add Kravet trim! Love it! I can't wait to see the rest. You do amazing work!
YOU have SUCH an eye for color! I love how you're never afraid to just DO IT! I'm living in a world of neutrals!
WOW!! Looks amazing!! I love the way the colors and fabrics work together!!
Great job, Erin!!
Jenny @ little green notebook
i love these little details that make the space so individual and comfortable...great work
I love the coffee tables---where are the tables from?
Can you share where you found the sunburst mirror? I've been looking for one but they have all been to pricy for my budget.
Love the Rams head chair. What color is it painted, looks metallic. I would love to do that on one of my pieces. Thanks for a great blog. Love the JCP curtain panel idea with trim!
I think that mirror is from Horchow and only $199
Wonderful work!! What color paint did you use on the built in?
That ram's head chair is way too cool - just love it! Great use of colors.
Just found your site and had to add it to my farotites.
Alex
Cannot wait to see the before and afters! Your work is always so amazing!
Oohhh...so many great design elements. Can't wait to see the full before & after's :)
That mirror is an eye-catcher.
Love your blog. I adore the blue shelves and the fabric on the chairs..just devine!
I love what you have done and I can't wait to see the full before and after pictures, but from what I can see so far it looks like you have done an amazing job! I love the peacock blue, it just adds another element to the dresser, it really makes it stand out. I was just wondering though where you got your inspiration for this home from?
Beautiful room! I love the color combination. Can you give us a list of your sources, mainly the rug? Post more pictures!!!
Your work is such an inspiration. I love it! I love you blog! lol
Just lovely! We are always on the same page! I love the burst of peacock blue, the little elephant on the shelve, trim on curtains, etc. I could go on and on.
Beautiful!!!!
Beautiful room. I especially love the blue in the bookcases.
I can't WAIT for the full reveal... I am in LOVE so far!!!! that ram's head chair is FAB!
I love the peacock blue in the bookcase -- masterful!
love the color- I re-painted my family room a color almost exactly like that- love it!
looks gorgeous!!! love your style!!!
I love the peacock blue/orange color combo! Painted shelves really define a space too. Great job!
I love your combination of peacock blue and orange. The painted shelves really define the space. Great job!
Post a Comment